Thursday 17 May 2012

Reflecting on influences...

I would say that I am inspired by what I like there is no particular style of animation that I am drawn to over another. I will like anything as long as the animation goes with a good storyline. I do have to say though that I am not a particular fan on anime as I find that although it is a well detailed animation style I do find it limiting in movement. Saying this there are other styles that have a similar problem such as the 2D drawn technique used in the simpsons and family guy. However I do have to say that as I have grown up with these animations then I am less likely to notice this.
As I said before it is not any one particular thing that influences me, but I am reluctant to watch new things preferring to stick with what I know. Most of the information that I gather comes from reading the paper, watching the news and other programs. If I see anything in any of these mediums that is of particular interest to me then I may very well go in search of material in relation to these items. Such as if I see something on the news that interests me then I may look for the relevant video clip on youtube and then after having watched this I will look at the other suggestions and see if there is anything else connected/ related to the video that I may watch. I also do this as a result of having seen something on my news feed on Facebook, but once again it isn't something that I would go looking for.

Programs that I currently like/ inspire by are:
Futurama
Goodnight Sweetheart
The Brittas Empire
One Foot in the Grave
Dad's Army
Spaced
Gavin and Stacey
CSI: original and the new york one
NCIS
Russell Howard's Good News
Would I Lie to you
Agatha Christie's Poirot
The Detectives.

No comments:

Post a Comment